Pet Health Helpline
03333 32 19 47
Unsure of whether your pet needs to see a vet? Want peace of mind that you are doing the right thing? Call the Pet Health Helpline on 03333 32 19 47.
ABOUT THE PET HEALTH HELPLINE
- The Pet Health Helpline is the country’s most trusted veterinary helpline, providing expert support and advice to pet owners.
- Their national team of highly experienced, RCVS registered veterinary nurses are available to answer your call 24/7 on any matter regarding your pet’s health.
- Agria Pet Insurance policy holders have free, unlimited usage as part of their cover.
- It is distressing when you think your pet is unwell and so your automatic response is to want to see a vet.
- With over 10 years’ experience, they have found that a significant proportion of patients don’t need to see a vet immediately. In fact, roughly a third of patients didn’t need to see a vet at all. A further third of patients’ cases were not urgent and so a trip to the vet could wait until a more convenient time.
- By calling the Pet Health Helpline before going to the vet, you can potentially save yourself the time, inconvenience and money of an unnecessary trip.
FREE TO ALL OUR POLICY HOLDERS
If your pet seems unwell in the middle of the night, or if you have a general query about your pet’s health, wouldn’t it be helpful to have 24 hour veterinary advice at the end of the phone?
That is why we have included access to the Pet Health Advice Line free to all our policy holders.
The service is not designed to replace a consultation with your vet. However, there are times when a well-meaning owner decides to wait before seeking veterinary intervention in case an ailing pet improves. But what if the opposite happens and the pet seriously deteriorates … or worse?
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
If you have any concerns about your pet,;
- Dial 03333 32 19 47, no matter what the time of day
- You will be asked for your insurance policy number
- Describe your concerns and symptoms
- The veterinary nurse will explain what you need to do next