Breeding Risks Cover
Making the decision to breed from your dog or cat can be an exciting time, but with so many things to consider to ensure the well-being of the mum and the litter, the choice can be a daunting one. Complications during pregnancy and birth do happen, which can be upsetting for pet owners.
Agria’s policies have been designed to be flexible to your needs, so, if you do decide to breed from your cat or dog, you can add the optional breeding risks cover to your policy.
What is breeding risks cover?
Breeding risks cover is designed to cover a range of complications arising through pregnancy and protects the mum, and her litter, up to the point at which the puppies or kittens are sold. This added benefit provides cover for:
• Fertility examination, pregnancy and giving birth
• Death from pregnancy and giving birth
• Veterinary fees for puppies and kittens
Why add breeding risks cover?
• Not only does this cover protect the mum and her litter, it can also protect the puppies or kittens when they leave for their new homes if you issue 5 Weeks Free cover for each member of the litter
• And, if you make a claim under your breeding risks benefit before the litter is sold, you can still issue Five Weeks Free insurance and the new owner can still convert their free cover to an annual policy – without exclusions being added as a result of your claim.
• Breeding risks cover is optional and can even be added after the policy has been set up. There is an exclusion period of 12 weeks before cover will start so you need to set up cover well in advance of your next litter.
Breeding risks cover for dogs
• Fertility examination and associated veterinary treatment, plus vet’s fees for complications from gestation and while giving birth including caesarean section and fading puppies
• Vet’s fees pre-sale or up to 14 weeks of age whichever is sooner
You will not be covered for any amount if your dog is under the age of 1 year old at the time of giving birth or within the first 12 weeks of the date the benefit is added to the policy.
Breeding risks cover for cats
• Fertility examination and associated veterinary treatment, plus vet’s fees for complications from gestation and while giving birth including caesarean section and fading kittens
• Vet’s fees pre-sale or up to 20 weeks of age whichever is sooner
You will not be covered for any amount if your cat is under the age of 1 year old at the time of kittening or within the first 12 weeks of the date the benefit is added to the policy.
To find out more about breeding risks cover, please call us on 03330 30 83 91.