The first ever Agria Pet Insurance Agility Grand Prix was held at Hatton Agility Festival in May. It was a great event and so fantastic to see so many of happy, fit dogs competing at such a high standard across all the classes!
We were particularly thrilled with the number of competitors in the first ever Agria Grand Prix class. After watching all the entrants complete the course, it was soon time for the top five places to be called to run again to compete for the prize of £400 towards a Dog Friendly holiday.
Our incredible winner, Rachel Sturman, with the very talented Rox (Comebyanaway Reddy To Rock), takes up the story…
“It was a great surprise when, after a call on the tannoy I was told the top five placed dogs in this jumping class were to jump off for £400 towards a holiday (I hadn’t read the schedule very thoroughly as usual so wasn’t expecting it).
I was lucky enough to have two dogs in the top five, Rox (Comebyanaway Reddy To Rock) and Chip (Morgansr Irish Barrow Boy).
The course was changed from quite a tight and tricky one to a shorter open fast course for the jump off. This was perfect for Rox who flew round the course winning by nearly a second.
Wow! We had won ourselves £400 towards a holiday thanks to the sponsors Agria Pet Insurance and Dog Friendly, a big prize for an agility competition.
So, after searching the Dog Friendly website, next Easter Rox is taking two friends, our eight dogs and me to Laverock Hall, County Durham, the farm where he was born, for a week in one of their holiday cottages.
Thank you to Agria Pet Insurance and Dog Friendly for such a lovely prize and Graham and Luke Taylor for organising the class. I’m sure we will all have a lovely holiday next year.”
The next Agria sponsored classes are taking place this coming Saturday, 27th June at Dogs Unleashed, Bakewell and are small, medium and large-size jumping classes.
Our next Agility Grand Prix Class, with another £400 holiday voucher as first prize, is being held at The Pet Show, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire on 1st and 2nd August.
Following this, small and medium dogs also have a chance to win the same fabulous prize in the Brillo International Bounce classes at Golden Valley Agility Show on 19th September. There’s still time to enter, so if you have a small or medium-size agility dog and would like to be in with a chance of winning £400 towards a Dog Friendly holiday, see www.agilitynet.co.uk for further details.
The timetable for the remainder of Agria-sponsored agility classes for 2015 is as follows:
- 27th-28th June 2015 – Dogs Unleashed, Bakewell, Derbyshire
- 25th-26th July 2015 – Holkham Country Fair, Wells Next To The Sea, Norfolk
- 1st-2nd August 2015 – The Pet Show, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
- 18th-20th August 2015 – Pembrokeshire By The Pond, Pembrokeshire County Show, Pembrokeshire
- 22nd-23rd August 2015 – Welsh Kennel Club Championship Agility Show, Builth, Wells, Powys
- 19th-20th September 2015 – Golden Valley Open Agility Show, Top Barn, Worcestershire
- 1st November 2015 – Bretford Open Agility Show, Onley Equestrian Centre, Warwickshire
- 12th December 2015 – Rugby Open Agility Christmas Show, Onley Equestrian Centre, Warwickshire