The General Data Protection Regulation becomes law on 25th May 2018 with its main purpose to protect individual’s personal data and strengthen the rights and privacy of residents across the EU. Business across the UK will need to gain consent from their clients and explain what they are going to do with their data.
So what does this mean for you as an Agria Appointed Representative practice?
- Before activating explain to the pet owner the importance of Lifetime Insurance.
- Upon activating 5 Weeks Free Insurance there is a new check box that will appear for you to tick.
- This tick box confirms you have gained authorisation from the pet owner to activate 5 Weeks Free cover on their behalf.
- Please discard your current 5 Weeks Free Customer booklets.
- To replace these you will receive new cover notes in the post week commencing 21st May 2018. These are in a booklet format which adhere to the new data protection law.
- Fill and hand out these vouchers to every pet owner at consultation that you have activated free cover for.
How to offer puppies or kittens aged 8 weeks – 18 months old 5 weeks free insurance from Agria
Over the phone:
- We offer every puppy and kitten Agria 5 week’s free insurance and as <Pet Name> is under the age of 18 months old we highly recommend you take this instant cover. We’ll pass on your information to the insurance company but rest assured they will not contact you regarding anything else as they only do pet insurance. Would you like me to set that up before your appointment?
Face to face:
- While you’re here, we offer every puppy and kitten Agria 5 weeks free insurance and as <Pet Name> is under the age of 18 months old we highly recommend you take this instant cover. We’ll pass on your information to set this up but rest assured they will not contact you regarding anything else as they only offer pet insurance.
What does that mean?
If <Pet Name> becomes unwell from a new condition or has an accident and needs veterinary treatment, being covered with a 5 weeks free policy means you’ll have insurance in place to claim towards the cost – and it won’t have cost you anything to take it out.
If you then choose to continue the insurance onto a full, lifetime policy with Agria, further treatment connected to that injury or illness will still be covered, as will anything new that crops up and is included under the terms of your policy. You will also get the first 2 months at half price!
We suggest Agria policies as they not only give you 5 weeks cover for free but have options to suit every pocket whilst remaining lifetime cover. All Agria Pet Insurance policies cover the life of a pet and the life of the illness.
Just remember that unless you choose to continue it, your free cover will end after 35 days. Agria will be in contact to provide you with a quote for a full lifetime policy, but there’s no obligation to take out further insurance with them. If you do choose to continue insurance with Agria or with another provider, make sure you read the policy conditions carefully and are happy that your insurance will cover all that you need it to.
At <Practice name> we always recommend lifetime policies as they offer far greater cover should your pet need long-term and/or expensive treatment.
**This will be effective from 25 May 2018**
Any queries or concerns please contact your Business Development Manager.