Can you believe that your puppy is nearing their first birthday, and they're almost a grown-up!
They have done so much growing in this first year, learnt so many new things, and hopefully, you have had a fantastic time together as you’ve got to know each other. And this is just the beginning of your adventures! What a great time to reflect on all the new things from the year - and if you have any photos of their milestones to share - we'd love to see them on our Facebook page!
How many of the things on our puppy milestone list has your little one done?
- Become house-trained
- Chosen a favourite toy
- Walked on a beach
- Walked in the woods
- Stayed overnight away from home
- Made friends with another species – a cat, rabbit, horse…?
- Been to a dog groomer
- Been to a pub
- Learnt how to catch a ball
- Dug a hole
- Found hidden treats using their nose
- Attended a puppy party
- Taken part in puppy training classes
- Been on a train
- Learnt to walk on a lead
- Tried basic agility (without jumping – they are still too little for that!)
- Walked in a town
- Learnt a trick
- Been to work with you
- Played hide and seek with you or some treats or toys
- Had a swim
- Made a dog best friend
- Played in the snow
- Been on a picnic with you
- Learnt how to fetch
- Been to a dog show
- Got really muddy
One of the best things about having a dog in your life is making the most of the time you have together to make lots of memories! Now that you’re really getting to know your dog, why not make a list of all the of things you'll both enjoy to aim for over the coming year?
Is your puppy covered for life for the cost of veterinary care?
Related guides and advice
Keeping your pets cool and safe: Essential tips for hot weather care