Agria Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 24 March 2021.
Your privacy is very important to us and we want you to feel confident in that and so have made this notice as transparent as possible.
This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal data will be collected and processed and under what lawful basis. It applies to all of our customers, partners and affiliates we may work with. Please read this with care as by using our services you agree to this privacy notice.
Who are we?
Agria Pet Insurance Limited who is the insurance intermediary and a limited company registered in England with the company registration number 04258783 and registered address 1st Floor, The Blue Leanie, Walton Street, Aylesbury, England, HP21 7QW)
- Agria Försäkring who is the insurance underwriter and is the UK branch of Försäkringsaktiebolaget Agria (Publ)
Other Agria trading names in the UK:
- The Kennel Club Pet Insurance
- The Governing Council of The Cat Fancy (GCCF) Insurance
- Vet UK Pet Insurance
- BASC Dog Insurance
We process your personal data in line with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), The Data Protection Act 2018 any other relevant data protection legislation.
What information do we collect?
The personal data that we we collect and process includes:
- Personal information including title, name, date of birth, email address, postal address and telephone numbers (current and previous)
- Your usernames or passwords for any online accounts you have set up with us
- Data you have provided to us to be part of one of our breeder clubs
- Your bank details
- Your pet’s information
- Claim information
- Data from you visiting our websites such as: IP addresses, Google analytics, Hot jar tracking software when visiting our website.
- Details of the affiliate you used who introduced you to us such as your breeder, vet or rehoming centre
Special Category Data
We will only hold this data if this is information you have volunteered to us and provided consent for which will help us service your insurance contract with us more efficiently.
How we process your personal data
Below are the reasons for collecting and processing this data and the legal basis in line with the relevant data protection laws:
Performance of a contract
The data is necessary for the performance of a contract of insurance to which you are party to and you have taken steps to enter into as well as data to be able to generate and provide you with a quote. Without this data, we cannot fulfil our contractual obligations to you and cannot fully administer your insurance quote or policy with us.
This also includes:
- Servicing and managing your policy
- Assessing, processing and paying claims for your policy
- Contacting you in relation to your policy with non-marketing communications e.g. confirmation of policy set up, policy documentation, complaint communications, mid-term adjustment information, payment reminders and any communication in response to a query you have sent us
We rely on “legitimate interests” from data protection laws to be able to process your data for the following reasons:
- To contact you in regard to our free insurance policies and joining the Agria Breeder Club for the litters that you have or may breed in the future
- To contact you with regard to our products and services we think you may be interested in
- Improving our products, services and offers by emailing you or sending you an SMS to ask you to complete a customer experience review
You have given your explicit consent to allow us to process your personal data for a specific reason. You can withdraw your consent at any time, please see ‘Rights’ section on how to do this.
The data is necessary in order to fulfil our legal and/or regulatory obligations for the prevention of financial crime, to comply with financial sanctions legislation or The Companies Act 2006 for retaining personal and financial data and The Finance Act 2020 for retaining financial data.
We may contact you from time to time for marketing purposes separate to the reasons stated above and you will always have the option to opt out of this contact.
Automated decision-making & Profiling
We do not use your personal data for any automated decision making. We may sometimes use your data for profiling solely for ensuring we are contacting you with regard to the most relevant products or services to meet your needs. We may also use speech analytics on recorded telephone calls to help us identify vulnerable customers, deliver training and ensure quality control however, this data is reviewed manually.
International transfers of data
We do not transfer any data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Now that the UK has left the European Union (EU), any personal data shared outside of the UK is still within the EEA and is done so in line with the relevant data protection laws.
Who we might share your information with
- Our approved suppliers in order to be able to service our insurance policies effectively
- Our insurers, legal advisors or other third parties who need access to it in the context of managing, investigation or defending claims or complaints
- Regulatory or government bodies including police forces, local authorities or council, The Financial Conduct Authority, The Prudential Regulation Authority, the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen), The Financial Ombudsman Service and Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) when it is necessary to do so to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Fraud prevention agencies or third parties when assisting to prevent financial crime.
- Facebook Inc. and Facebook Ireland Ltd for the purpose of providing advertisements relating to Agria products and services.
- Nicholas David Cloke trading as Catalyst for the purpose of customer market research.
- Our partner or affiliate where you were originally introduced to us in relation to your insurance policy e.g. your vet, breeder, rehoming centre or microchipping organisation
- With your vet, with regard to whether you have converted your free policy to a full policy with us
- Your Vet practice with information for one or several of the reasons set out below:
- To allow them to up-date your records that your pet is insured with us
- To discuss any claims that you have, are potentially or have previously submitted
- When a vet or complementary therapist who has, or is about to treat your pet contacts us about your policy, in order for them to continue to treat your pet, we may advise them:
- If you have a current policy
- The start and renewal date of your policy
- What your policy covers or doesn’t cover
- Your fixed excess and percentage excess amounts
- Information about how any outstanding premium payments could affect a claim payment.
What are your rights relating to your personal data?
All individuals have rights under data protection legislation, which are listed below. Agria have measures and processes in place in order to deal with any requests made when exercising these rights.
- Your right to access the personal data we hold on you. You can request all personal data we hold on you. You have the right to contact us to request this using one of the contact methods stated below. We will review this and provide you with the information we have at the earliest opportunity, however, if the request is complex, we will contact you within 30 days to explain this and we may charge a fee for this if the request is excessive and/or manifestly unfounded
- The right to rectification if your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete. We strive to ensure that we have the most accurate and up to date data, however, please advise us as soon as possible, if any of the information we hold on you is inaccurate and we will rectify it.
- The right to erasure. You can request that your personal data is removed or deleted where you believe that there is no legal basis or compelling reason for this data to be processed any longer.
- The right to restrict the processing of your data. You have the right to request that the processing of your data is restricted in circumstances such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or when the processing is unlawful
- The right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services or organisations if this is technically viable
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data if you do not want it processed for the purposes of direct marketing or if the data is not being processed with the legal basis of legitimate interests
- The right to withdraw your consent that you provided to us at any time. If you have provided us with your explicit consent to process your data, you can withdraw this at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with a Supervisory Authority
The relevant Supervisory Authority is The Information Commissioners Office (ICO), please visit their website which advises you of the best method to contact them, www.ico.org.uk
We have a Data Protection Officer who has a high level responsibility for monitoring compliance with all relevant data protection regulations and is the lead contact for liaison with The Information Commissioners Office (ICO).To exercise any of your rights mentioned above or with any specific queries on the personal data we hold on you, please contact us by post or email using the details below:
The Data Protection Officer
Agria Pet Insurance Ltd
Po Box 506
How long do we keep your information for?
If you are a customer, we will keep your personal data and telephone conversations for a period of 6 years after you cancel your policy or after the last claim is closed, whichever is the latter. We are required to retain your data for the amount of time as required by law or in order to defend potential legal claims. For all personal data that we retain, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.